Parenthood can be tough.
So where do you go when you need help?
- You can speak to other parents but this can lead to feelings of judgement or not feeling ‘good enough’ as a parent.
- You can speak to partners, family or friends but may worry about affecting your relationships or discussions around ‘blame.’
- Perhaps you’re trying to become a parent but have feelings of failure or experiences of loss.
So why speak to me?
- I counsel mums and mums-to-be to enhance family life with less stress and better relationships.
- I am a trained and accredited therapist.
- I am separate to any other parts of your life so you can speak freely.
I have worked with many mums and mums-to-be which has resulted in them feeling
- Less anxious, stressed or burnt out
- Less resentful of their partner
- More confident in themselves as a parent
And most importantly, they have a better family life.
Welcome to Mum’s the Word Therapy! A leading therapy service for mums and mums-to-be.
I’m Giulia, founder of Mum’s the Word Therapy.
As a therapist I have lived and worked in both the UK and overseas. Despite different countries and cultures, what I have learnt is that many parenting and pregnancy anxieties are universal.
Mum’s the Word Therapy was created to provide a supportive space for overwhelmed parents and parents-to-be to talk about, and get help with, their experiences and relationships.
Often mums are told how they should feel, particularly around pregnancy and early motherhood. But if you are not feeling those things, or are really struggling, this sets mothers up to think they haven’t done things right or been ‘good’ enough as a mum. Feelings of shame will often surface, which can stop mums reaching out for support.
I work psychodynamically which means looking at your past experiences and thinking about how these could be affecting your present life and relationships. Your own adverse experiences may return and impact on your relationships with own family.
With a background in counselling children in education, I have worked with families for many years. I understand the pressures many families face and the impact these can have on family life.
My specialisms include help with
- Anxiety and Stress
- Perinatal support including miscarriage and birth trauma
I am a registered practitioner with the Foundation for Infant Loss.
Mum’s The Word Therapy supports women, mothers and mothers-to-be in the UK and overseas, and provides the following services:
Please note I do not provide emergency appointments. If you need urgent support, please contact your GP or call the Samaritans on 116 123.